Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 7th June 2016 at Sherington Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm
PRESENT: W Bush (Chairman), A Thatcher (Vice Chair), A Hughes & R Johnstone
ALSO ATTENDING: Ward Cllr Hoskings, Tracey Young (Clerk) and 4 members of the public.
|1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
|Cllr E Caldwell, Cllr R Constantine, Keith McLean (Councillor for Olney Ward & Mayor) & Ward Cllr Geary
|2. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
|3. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING – 3rd May 2016
|4. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN & VICE CHAIRMAN
|Declaration of Acceptance of Office was signed by Chairman Bush and Vice Chairman Thatcher, witnessed by Tracey Young (Clerk)
|5. ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES
|Cllr Thatcher gave an update on the pre-school grant and advised that the application has now gone in and we should hear something by September
|6. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT
|Cllr Hoskings gave an update on the Elections and advised that Cllr McLean had been re-elected and no major changes on the Council Administration.
Cllr Hoskings also advised of a spate of burglaries in Olney and Lavendon and that the police had made several arrests.
|7. RECEIVE CLERKS REPORT
|TY confirmed that she had now completed the Annual Audit 15/16 along with applying for 2 grants for defibrillators in the village. TY dealt with the overflow of rubbish at the Village Hall and School Lane. Finally TY chased BALC for the laptop funding to be advised the cheque was sent to the previous clerk. TY to request cheque be cancelled and re-issued to the correct address.
|8. RECEIVE REPORT FROM NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP
|Cllr Bush gave a brief over view of the current situation regarding the NP as follows:
· Sites confirmed are Water Lane & the High St
· Debate regarding a Strategic Reserve Site (SRS) and confirmed with NPSG that these would not be allocated
· Once MK Plan emerges the SRS would be considered
· NPSG would like the creation of ponds, flower meadows and trees which would be included in the Policy
· Date for consultation would hopefully be the end of this week (12/6/16)
Cllr Thatcher to put together a Communication Plan
|9. RECEIVE WORKING PARTY REPORTS AND CONSIDER MATTERS ARISING
|SHOP –Cllr Johnstone advised that just before the last PC meeting we found out that the £100K that had been offered linked to the High Street development was only available if ‘match funded’ which means that any monies raised by the village would be matched by Shires Farms. Cllr Johnstone confirmed that he had been in correspondence with at least 10 different funding organisations and unfortunately there are issues with our eligibility for funding. This is because the shop is a commercial enterprise run by tenants so is a shop in the community and not run by the community. Also because the shop is now owned by the PC it is owned by the council so any funding would be deemed as helping the council. Cllr Bush advised whether transferring the shop in to a trust would alter the eligibility. It was agreed that in the first instance a letter would be sent to Shires Farms to obtain in writing any caveats attached to the £100k offer and explain the present funding situation.
WB advised whether transferring the shop to a trust would help which Cllr Johnstone replied could be an option.
It was agreed that Cllr Johnstone would draft a letter to Shires Farm and explain the current situation regarding match funding.
PAVILION – Cllr Johnstone asked whether there was a storage heater still not working. TY to ask Cllr Caldwell along with asking whether any further funding was required.
TY to contact Vivian regarding children’s football team at the Pavilion
|Bank Account Balance 7th June 2016 £32,912.38
|10.1. Approve Cheques for payment – Approved
Zurich Insurance Policy Inv 21979353 £1095.60
Jane Coles – Village Hall Hire inv 589 £13.00
Groundworks – NP Grant NPg-01635 (previous void) £192.00
MK Commercial – Landscaper Inv 18863 £414.37
Wendy Austyn – Annual Audit £315.00
EON – Electricty Bill for Pavilion Inv 13044E7B £962.88
Tracey Young – Clerks Salary £346.55
Tracey Young – Pavilion Bookings £50.00
Tracey Young – Expenses £8.50
Lee Brooker – Caretaker Salary £165.97
Shoosmiths – Legal Advice NP Inv 9100097326 £1200.00
Jane Coles – Village Hall Hire Inv 603 £35.80
|11. PLANNING APPLICATIONS – CONSIDER RESPONSE TO MKC
|11.1 REF 16/01034/FUL 23 Water Lane – all Cllrs agreed no adverse comments
11.2 REF 16/00886/FUL The Manor – Cllr Johnstone wanted to know why it was originally stopped as work already started
11.3 REF 16/01307/FUL 5 Park Road – letter of support from neighbour. Cllrs agreed no adverse comments
|12. EXTERNAL MEETINGS
|12.1 S.I.D.S training. TY to chase Adrian for further dates. Cllr Johnstone received an email with further dates which will be forwarded to TY to chase
12.2 Cllr Thatcher attended the MK Futures presentation. A full summary of outcomes will be available shortly but the following was mentioned
· House prices going up
· School growth in MK is up by 14%
· Transport regarding car pooling/car share
· Green energy
Report will be available, TY to request
Deadline is 4th July 2017 to look at report and comment, Cllrs to arrange an additional meeting to discuss
|13. CONSIDER CORRESPONDANCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS
|14. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS
|DW commented on the length of the grass at the Village Hall and Pavilion along with the flooding in Gun Lane. TY agreed to contact landscapers and chase MKC again regarding the drainage.
|15. COUNCILLORS ITEMS
|Cllrs Thatcher, Caldwell and Constantine walked around the village and noted issues such as drainage, pot holes etc and will advise Cllr McLean to add to the report
Cllr Bush suggested putting together a Welcome Pack for the new residents moving to the village. Cllr Thatcher to produce an Integration Plan.
|16. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
|The next Parish Council meeting will be held at the Village Hall on Tuesday 5th July 2016 at 7.30pm. There being no further business the meeting ended at 2100hrs.