You may be aware that there has recently been a spat of burglaries in Olney and Lavendon, mainly business premises.
We have been informed that there have been arrests regarding these and that they are in custody and facing charges.
The purpose of this notice is not to frighten you but to raise your awareness and ask you to be extra vigilant as gangs could still be operating in the area.
There are certain measures you can take to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim yourself, such as:
- Don’t leave curtains/blinds open, and valuables on show.
- If you are going away, ask a neighbour or friend to check your house regularly.
- Buy timer switches for lamps and radios to give the impression that someone is home.
- If you have an alarm system use it and ensure the alarm box is clearly visible.
- Don’t leave keys in doors – remove them and keep them close at hand but out of sight where you can easily find them in an emergency.
- Don’t leave your house unattended with windows open and unlocked – even for just a minute.
- If you are in the garden or upstairs, make sure your downstairs doors and windows are closed.
- Never leave a key under a doormat, flower pot or on a string through the letterbox.
Please report suspicious activity to the police on 101