Minutes of the meeting of Sherington Parish Council held on Tuesday 1st March 2016 at Sherington Village Hall, commencing at 7.30pm
PRESENT: A Thatcher (Vice Chair), E Caldwell, R.Johnstone, R.Constantine
ALSO ATTENDING: Ward Cllr Geary, Tracey Young (Clerk) and seven members of the public.
|1. RECEIVE AND ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
|W Bush (Chairman), A.Hughes & Cllr Keith McLean
|2. RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
|Cllr Johnstone commented on the planning permission for 3 High St, Sherington is adjacent to his home
|3. APPROVE MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING – 2nd February 2016
|The minutes of the meeting held on 2nd February 2016 required amending therefore they will be signed by the Chairman, Cllr W Bush at the next meeting
|4. ANY MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES
|PLAN MK – Cllr Thatcher mentioned that the public should have received their documentation through the post. Cllr Thatcher also commented that the Parish have circulated a response and will be putting this onto the website tonight. Cllr Johnstone confirmed the preferred option would be the intensification of the open area for various reasons mainly from an infrastructure point of view that it is there anyway and seems more sensible to actually use all of that rather than to build from scratch. There are about 8 or 9 arguments as to why we went through the various options and rather than read it out we will put it on the website.
Planning Appeal – No further news. Cllr Thatcher checked at 4pm and there was not update.
|5. RECEIVE WARD COUNCILLORS REPORT
|Cllr Geary gave an update regarding the budget and that there would be a 3.95% rise on council tax also pink sacks will remain for at least another year and that subject will be looked at some point this year. Cllr Thatcher commented that there is a pilot scheme for possibly hessian sacks being used in Reading. Cllr Geary confirmed that the Kitchener Centre has agreed to remain open and that the Mineral Plan, which is out of consultation for another week and closing next Wednesday so MKC will be responding to various Parishes. Suggest that we summarise our position to ensure the inspectorate sees a summary of concerns. There has been a spate of burglaries lately in the Olney area. The police have made arrests. Please all be aware and keep doors and windows closed and secure premises. Cllr Thatcher to put notice on the website.
Cllr Thatcher asked whether Cllr Geary had got any further with the footpath and the response was no confirmation as yet.
|6. RECEIVE CLERKS REPORT
|1 – Spoke to a gentleman named Vivian who runs a few children’s football at the Newport Pagnell Youth Club who is looking for another venue as the Youth Club is running out of space. TY to arrange a meeting to discuss further.
2 – I have met with a few landscapers and obtained quotes, just waiting on a couple more
3 – The outstanding invoice for the Ananda Club has now been paid
|7. RECEIVE REPORT FROM NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP
|Cllr Thatcher advised that the March update was all policies agreed and adopted as below, some have been taken into account with regards to wording and the MKC has reviewed them and come back with some comments. These have now been taken into account and will be published. Cllr Thatcher will be emailing details of the amendment either tonight or tomorrow night but these will be in Scan. Those policies will now be taken into consideration. Initial findings have been highlighted but that they are in no way an indication as to whether they would be accepted or rejected, the initial results were a starting point to investigate further. Cllr Thatcher also added that moving forward we have had the review done with MK Planning Office and they are compliant, so next steps will be to contact agents and land owners to give them an opportunity to make representations to the sub-committee of the Neighbourhood Steering Committee Group. Will suggested the week commencing the 7th March, so that week if anybody would like to arrange meetings with Tracey with regards to land. The Site Allocation Task Force will meet to discuss points 1 and 2 above. The Task Force will present the next phase of allocations to the Neighbourhood Steering Group on the last Tuesday of March.
|8. RECEIVE WORKING PARTY REPORTS AND CONSIDER MATTERS ARISING
|Both the shop and the Pavilion now have sub-committees who will report back regularly to the monthly PC meetings.
Shop: Cllr Johnstone reported no great change and no response from MKC. Planning permission expires at the end of May for permanent position. Cllr Geary advised to re-submit the application. Cllr Johnstone would like to apply for an extension as this to be agreed at the next meeting.
Pavilion: Cllr Caldwell advised the building works should not take long and that there is now some drainage where there wasn’t any before. The builders have re-paved and re-slabbed. A lot of the problem with the water was the guttering and some sections require replacing so they builder will be submitting a quote. The changing room floor has been repainted and hall has been re-tiled. The electrician is looking at the storage heater that is not working and will provide an estimate to either replace that. The electric meter in there is not an economy 7 meter yet we have 4 storage heaters are installed. This is not cost effective and was questioned as to why this was done in the first place. Cllr Caldwell has requested a quote for the cheapest option to rectify. A new urn has been ordered as this was shorting the electrics. Cllr Geary confirmed he would find out whether there are any building regulations at MKC for the Pavilion. Cllr Caldwell commented that we apologised to the renters hiring the pavilion regarding the disruption caused by the builders.
|Bank Account balance 2nd February 2016 – £ 28,916.48
|10.1. Approve Cheques for payment – Approved
Sherington P.C.C £600.00 Incorrect cheque last month
Anita Thatcher – Survey Monkey £26.00 Bounced to due transfer issue
Hannah Balazs – Clerks Salary £151.74 Bounced due to transfer issue
Olney Town Council £1000.00 Bounced due to transfer issue
Anglian Water – Utility Bill £70.37
Community Impact Bucks – Subscription £50.00
EON – Utility Bill (Electric) £40.00
Hannah Balazs – Clerks Salary £134.88 (last payment)
Tracey Young – Clerks Salary £334.69
Tracey Young – Pavilion Bookings £50.00
Tracey Young – Expenses £15.14
Martin Feasey – Caretaker Salary £187.50
RJ Lewis Electrical – Building at Pavilion £162.60
10.2– Transparency Fund for Clerks PC
Clerk/Cllr Thatcher highlighted we can apply for funding for a PC for the clerk to fulfil duties. Awaiting approval.
10.3– Cricket Club Account which is now dormant and contains £788.57. Cllr Thatcher confirmed that this fund would be absorbed back into our account when we move to new bank account.
|10 PLANNING APPLICATIONS – CONSIDER RESPONSE TO MKC
|11.1 Reference 15/02806/FUL 39 Carters Close
11.2 Reference 15/03187/FUL 28 High Street has now been agreed
11.3 Reference 16/00074/FUL 10 School Lane
11.4 Reference 16/00286/FUL Alban Hill Nursery
11.5 Reference 16/00354/FUL 3 High St. Cllr Johnstone commented that these looked like 2 different applications. Clerk to request drawings.
Cllr Thatcher to confirm comments regarding responses.
Cllr Caldwell advised that we do not receive hard copies and Cllr Geary confirmed that he would contact Anna Rose. Ref 16/00286/FUL is not on the portal therefore cannot be discussed. Cllr Thatcher advised that the Parish Cllrs would comment on email if there were no adverse comments.
|11 EXTERNAL MEETINGS
|9th March 2016 at the Olney Centre to discuss superfast broadband and Plan MK. Clerk to put on website.
|12 CONSIDER CORRESPONDENCE AND NEW CONSULTATIONS
|NHS Consultation regarding the future of the Broughton Walk in Centre. Consultation to last 12 weeks from 15th February to 2nd May. Cllr Caldwell in favour to keep the centre and to go onto next month’s agenda. Cllr Thatcher mentioned to draft a response to go back officially from the Cllrs, Cllr Johnstone confirmed that he would work on that.
|13 RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS
|Oliver asked whether we have any standing orders and it was confirmed that we do not, everything is done through cheque due to signatures required. Cllr Thatcher confirmed we will be changing banks to Lloyds Bank. Cllr Geary mentioned S.I.D.S (smiley faces) traffic control and that a couple of volunteers were required to go onto the training course to install these around the village. Cllr Thatcher confirmed that she is happy to volunteer along with Cllr Johnstone.
|14 COUNCILLORS ITEMS
|15 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
|The next Parish Meeting will be at the village hall on Tuesday 5th April 2016, 7.30pm.
There being no further business the meeting ended at 2100hrs